Air Force Dads

I've made peace with my son's decision to join the Air Force, I am proud and I think he has made the right decision. Or so I thought. On the evening news tonight, they showed the first video allowed of a fallen soldier returning to the US. As the soldiers carried the casket off the plane, the reporter explained that the fallen soldier was a SSgt with the Air Force. I immediately started crying and a horrible feeling of panic overtook me. My husband hugged me, both of my sons hugged me and Wes assured me he would be alright. I thought I was doing ok, but I guess not. Anyone have any thoughts they would like to share?

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hay ! Thats my daughter. Woot!
Our Parent's supporting us is the greatest feeling. When i talk to Dad i can just here pride screaming through everyword that leaves his mouth.. it's a great feeling and soothes that crumby lonely feeling when you're away from home for so long. I Often wonder how my parents wld feel if i had a scarier job... =/ I often wonder if my mother felt the same way.. the first words out of her mouth were the typical.. " what if you go to iraq?!?!" .. I wonder if she thinks about weather or not one day that her daughter could be transported back home with a flag draped over her..=/ I Pray she doesn't. But that posibilites there...

Try not to worry so much ;) He'll do great.
Maybe it is because you are going through all of this right now, but your words are very comforting. I had a discussion with a total stranger this weekend that made me think about how I feel about all of this. When she found out my son was joining the Air Force she said how great that is and asked me how I felt about it. I told her that I am proud and scared, but he believes in what he is doing and I believe in him. I keep repeating that to myself when I start to feel panicky and it seems to help.

Stephanie said:
Our Parent's supporting us is the greatest feeling. When i talk to Dad i can just here pride screaming through everyword that leaves his mouth.. it's a great feeling and soothes that crumby lonely feeling when you're away from home for so long. I Often wonder how my parents wld feel if i had a scarier job... =/ I often wonder if my mother felt the same way.. the first words out of her mouth were the typical.. " what if you go to iraq?!?!" .. I wonder if she thinks about weather or not one day that her daughter could be transported back home with a flag draped over her..=/ I Pray she doesn't. But that posibilites there...

Try not to worry so much ;) He'll do great.
It's honestly the best decision i've made for myself.. for once it feels right feeling so selfish.. Doing something with my self for a greater cause. It's awesome. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Our Mission Statement:

Provide support, encouragement, and knowledge to Airmen and their families throughout their journey together in the United States Air Force

Badge

Loading…

Members

© 2018   Created by Sgt Terry (Network Creator).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

AirForceDads.com is a private web community of Air Force Parents, Family Members, and Air Force supporters. It is not affiliated with the US Air Force.