Air Force Dads

So, my Son enlisted on 9/4 and the recruiter has told him that he may not be called to basic for a few months.  I'm not quite undersatnding why such a long lag time.  Can someone explain this to me?

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Donald, there could be a lot of reasons why the long lag time. It may have to do with when they can get him in tech school, that is, when the next available spot for his tech school. The military is experiencing many cut backs and they have to make adjustments in BMT as well as tech school. It would not hurt to ask the recruiter for the reason as well. It should not be a big secret depending on his MOS, that is the job that he will be doing. 

Thank Sgt. Terry for explaining this and the advice of talking to his recruiter.   And that you for serving our country.

Sgt Terry (Network Creator) said:

Donald, there could be a lot of reasons why the long lag time. It may have to do with when they can get him in tech school, that is, when the next available spot for his tech school. The military is experiencing many cut backs and they have to make adjustments in BMT as well as tech school. It would not hurt to ask the recruiter for the reason as well. It should not be a big secret depending on his MOS, that is the job that he will be doing. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Our Mission Statement:

Provide support, encouragement, and knowledge to Airmen and their families throughout their journey together in the United States Air Force

Badge

Loading…

Members

© 2017   Created by Sgt Terry (Network Creator).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

AirForceDads.com is a private web community of Air Force Parents, Family Members, and Air Force supporters. It is not affiliated with the US Air Force.