Air Force Dads

And i'm am so nervous! haha, I've been getting so excited too! My last day at my job is the 14th which means ill have around 9 free days. And looking at the calender all but like 3 are filled with events! It reminds me of that song by tim Mcgraw... Just trying to find everything to do with so little time! Lol. But.. I'll certainly be moving on to bigger and better place and things. :)

It makes it a ton easier when you have a strong support system here in town... I don't know what i would do with out my parents, Michael(My S.O.S.), And Ashley(sister).

When people around town hear that I'm going to serve.. they're already thanking me.. It's an unbelievable amount of joy that overwhelms my body.. And for that i'm proud of my decision.

Alot of times it doesnt feel real. Like i won't be leaving on the 24th.. I'm sure when i get there that'll get knocked down immediatly. haha I think maybe that has alot to do with i don't feel mentally prepared by my recruiter.. there's alot of unknowns it seems.

Anyways.. I just thought i should hop on here and say something about my thoughts leading up to my leave date.

:D

Byebye

<3, Stephanie.

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stephanie, it really does look like you have a lot of support, that is great. We here at Air Force Dads would like you to know that we stand in support of you in any way we can. If I may be so bold I would like to give you a couple of things to think about in these last days before you leave for basic. The purpose for basic is to get you from thinking and acting like a civilian to thinking and acting like a military person. They will do different things to get you to that point. The best thing to keep in mind is that it is a game. It is a tough game at times but it is one that you can and well win. Something else to keep in mind is that no matter how the T.I.’s (Training Instructors) act they really want you to do well. Actually they need you to do well. If someone does not make it the T.I.’s have to answer for it to their superiors. When things feel like they are getting overwhelming just think about those back home. I tell all the parents that once they get the snail mail address write letters every day the mail runs. Mail becomes your life line. You will love mail call. Stephanie, I am so excited for you and the journey you are about to embark on. If you have any questions at all please do not hastate to ask. The Air Force has changed from when I was in and it has even changed from when my son was in basic 5 years ago but I will do my best to answer your questions or there may be some other member here that can answer you. We are here to help and support you and your family.
Sgt Terry
Stephanie let me be another to add to a long list. Thank you for your commitment to keep my family safe from harm. It is young men and women like you that make so many Americans sleep comfortable at night knowing that our military is always on watch. Good Luck in boot camp. I know you will do fine, going in with a positive attitude is the only way to do it. Always remember, they are only making you stronger by testing your limits. I wish you the best in your new journey in the Air Force.
Sincerely, EG
Stephanie,

What an exciting time! And nerve-wracking, I'm sure. I am so sorry your recruiter hasn't prepared you. Wesley is lucky to have a great recruiter. Not having been in the military, I can only offer sympathetic support, but here it goes- Don't let them get to you. You know who you are, you know how strong you are. As Sgt Terry said, they want you to succeed, but they have to make sure you have what it takes. I am confident you do!

Lesa
Hey Steph~ (*^=^)

You're going to have lots of fun. I'm sure it's going to be scary and difficult, but anything rewarding in life is always as such. I think the best part is that you're going to find that you can do things both mentally and physically that you never thought you could do. Like when I started learning Tae Kwon Do...I never dreamed I could jump over something taller than my own height!

We'll all write you letters whenever we can, I'm sure. I would like you to savour and enjoy your time in the USAF and possibly getting to see some of other parts of world, because it may seem long and difficult, but I think in the end the time is going to fly by for you. I wish I had it in me to let go of everything here for a while and do the same.

I will try to get some more people on here to keep in touch with you.

\ \ / /
(O' - 'O) Love,
Ashi~

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Our Mission Statement:

Provide support, encouragement, and knowledge to Airmen and their families throughout their journey together in the United States Air Force

Badge

Loading…

Members

© 2018   Created by Sgt Terry (Network Creator).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

AirForceDads.com is a private web community of Air Force Parents, Family Members, and Air Force supporters. It is not affiliated with the US Air Force.